“All generalizations are false.”
“Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.”
“Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.”
“As long as there are tests there will be prayer in public schools.”
“The gene pool could use a little chlorine.”
“I get enough exercise just pushing my luck!”
“Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let him/her sleep.”
“Sex is a misdemeanor. . . The more I miss it, the meaner I get!!”
“Montana — At least our cows are sane!”
“Women who seek to be equal to men lack ambition.”
“Your kid may be an honor student but you’re still an IDIOT!”
“Friends don’t let Friends drive Naked.”
“Reality is a crutch for people who can’t handle drugs.”
“I don’t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!”
“It’s lonely at the top, but you eat better.”
“According to my calculations the problem doesn’t exist.”
“A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.”
“Forget about World Peace. . . Visualize Using Your Turn Signal!”
“Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.”
“Give me ambiguity or give me something else.”
“Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.”
“He who laughs last thinks slowest.”
“Always remember you’re unique, just like everyone else.”
“Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.”
“Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.”
“Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.”
“Puritanism: the haunting fear that someone somewhere may be happy.”
“Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.”
“The sex was so good that even the neighbors had a cigarette.”
“We are Microsoft. Resistance Is Futile. You Will Be Assimilated.”
“Be nice to your kids. They’ll choose your nursing home.”
“3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can’t.”
“Why is ‘abbreviation’ such a long word?”
“Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
“I killed a 6-pack just to watch it die.”
“Auntie Em, Hate you; Hate Kansas; Taking the dog. –Dorothy.”
“Sex on television can’t hurt you unless you fall off.”
“Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.”
“I’m out of bed and dressed, what more do you want?”
Stupid People Stories
WHERE CAN I GET A JOB LIKE THAT?
AT&T fired President John Walter after nine months saying he lacked intellectual leadership. He received a $26 million severance package.
Perhaps it’s not Walter who’s lacking intelligence.
WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM OUR FRIENDS!
Police in Oakland, California spent two hours attempting to subdue a gunman who had barricaded himself inside his home. After firing ten tear gas canisters, officers discovered that the man was standing beside them, shouting out to give himself up.
WHAT WAS PLAN B???
An Illinois man, pretending to have a gun, kidnapped a motorist and forced him to drive to two different automated teller machines. The kidnapper then proceeded to withdraw money from his own bank account.
SOME DAYS, IT JUST DOESN’T PAY!
Fire investigators on Maui have determined the cause of a blaze that destroyed a $127,000 home last month – a short in the homeowner’s newly installed fire prevention alarm system. “This is even worse than last year,” said the distraught homeowner, “when someone broke in and stole my new security system…”
A man walked into a Topeka, Kansas Kwiky Shop and asked for all the money in the cash drawer. Apparently, the take was too small so he tied up the store clerk and worked the counter himself for three hours until police showed up and grabbed him.
DO-IT-YOURSELF BRAIN SURGERY??
In Ohio, an unidentified man in his late twenties walked into a police station with a 9-inch wire protruding from his forehead and calmly asked officers to give him an X-ray to help him find his brain, which he claimed had been stolen. Police were shocked to learn that the man had drilled a 6-inch deep hole in his skull with a Black & Decker power drill and had stuck the wire in to try and find the missing brain.
DID I SAY THAT???
Police in Los Angeles had good luck with a robbery suspect who just couldn’t control himself during a lineup. When detectives asked each man in the lineup to repeat the words, “Give me all your money or I’ll shoot”, the man shouted, “That’s not what I said!”
OUCH, THAT SMARTS!!
A bank robber in Virginia Beach got a nasty surprise when a dye pack designed to mark stolen money exploded in his Fruit-of-the-Looms. The robber apparently stuffed the loot down the front of his pants as he was running out the door. “He was seen hopping and jumping around with an explosion taking place inside his pants,” said police spokesman Mike Carey. Police have the man’s charred trousers in custody.
ARE WE COMMUNICATING??
A man spoke frantically into the phone, “My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart!” “Is this her first child?” the doctor asked. “No, you idiot!” the man shouted, “This is her husband!”
NOT THE SHARPEST KNIFE IN THE DRAWER!!
In Modesto, CA, Steven Richard King was arrested for trying to hold up a Bank of America branch without a weapon. King used a thumb and a finger to simulate a gun but unfortunately he failed to keep his hand in his pocket.
Dictionary For Women
Argument (ar*gyou*ment) n. A discussion that occurs when you’re right, but he just hasn’t realized it yet.
Airhead (er*hed) n. What a woman intentionally becomes when pulled over by a policeman.
Bar-be-que (bar*bi*q) n. You bought the groceries, washed the lettuce, chopped the tomatoes, diced the onions, marinated the meat and cleaned everything up, but, he, “made the dinner.”
Blonde Jokes (blond joks) n. Jokes that are short so men can understand them.
Cantaloupe (kant*e*lope) n. Gotta get married in a church.
Clothes Dryer (kloze dri*yer) n. An appliance designed to eat socks.
Diet Soda (dy*it so*da) n. A drink you buy at a convenience store to go with a half pound bag of peanut M&Ms.
Eternity (e*ter*ni*tee) n. The last two minutes of a football game.
Exercise (ex*er*siz) v. To walk up and down a mall, occasionally resting to make a purchase.
Grocery List (grow*ser*ee list) n. What you spend half an hour writing, then forget to take with you to the store.
Hair Dresser (hare dres*er) n. Someone who is able to create a style you will never be able to duplicate again. See “Magician.”
Hardware Store (hard*war stor) n. Similar to a black hole in space-if he goes in, he isn’t coming out anytime soon.
Childbirth (child*brth) n. You get to go through 36 hours of contractions; he gets to hold your hand and say “focus,…breath…push…”
Lipstick (lip*stik) n. On your lips, coloring to enhance the beauty of your mouth. On his collar, coloring only a tramp would wear…!
Park (park) v./n. Before children, a verb meaning, “to go somewhere and neck.” After children, a noun meaning a place with a swing set and slide.
Patience (pa*shens) n. The most important ingredient for dating, marriage and children. See also “tranquilizers.”
Waterproof Mascara (wah*tr*pruf mas*kar*ah) n. Comes off if you cry, shower, or swim, but will not come off if you try to remove it.
Valentine’s Day (val*en*tinez dae) n. A day when you have dreams of a candlelight dinner, diamonds, and romance, but consider yourself lucky to get a card
Learning From Kids
For those with no children – this is totally hysterical…
For those who already have children past this age, this is hilarious.
For those who have children this age, this is not funny.
For those who have children nearing this age, this is a warning.
For those who have not yet had children, this is birth control…
The following came from an anonymous Mother in Austin, Texas:
Things I’ve learned from my Boys (honest)…
1. A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house, 4 inches deep.
2. If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.
3. A 3-year old Boy’s voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.
4. If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound Boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all Four walls of a 20×20 ft. room.
5. You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.
6. The glass in windows (even double-pane) doesn’t stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.
7. When you hear the toilet flush and the words “uh oh” it’s already too late.
8. Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.
9. A six-year old Boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36-year old Man says they can only do it in the movies.
10. Certain Lego’s will pass through the digestive tract of a 4-year old Boy.
11. Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.
12. Super glue is forever.
13. No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can’t walk on water.
14. Pool filters do not like Jell-O.
15. VCRs do not eject “PB & J” sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.
16. Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.
17. Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.
18. You probably DO NOT want to know what that odor is.
19. Always look in the oven before you turn it on; plastic toys do not like ovens.
20. The fire department in Austin, TX has a 5-minute response time.
21. The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.
22. It will, however, make cats dizzy.
23. Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.
24. 80% of Men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.
25. Women will pass this on to almost all of their friends, with or without kids.
Man: “Haven’t we met before?”
Woman: “Perhaps. I’m the receptionist at the VD Clinic.”
Man: “Haven’t I seen you someplace before?
Woman: “Yeah, that’s why I don’t go there anymore.”
Man: “Is this seat empty?”
Woman: “Yes, and this one will be too if you sit down.”
Man: “So, wanna go back to my place?”
Woman: “Well, I don’t know. Will two people fit under a rock?”
Man: “Your place or mine?”
Woman: “Both. You go to yours and I’ll go to mine.”
Man: “I’d like to call you. What’s your number?”
Woman: “It’s in the phone book.”
Man: “But I don’t know your name.”
Woman: “That’s in the phone book too.”
Man: “So what do you do for a living?”
Woman: “I’m a female impersonator.”
Man: “Hey, baby, what’s your sign?”
Woman: “Do not Enter”
Man: “How do you like your eggs in the morning?”
Man: “Hey, come on, we’re both here at this bar for the same reason”
Woman: “Yeah! Let’s pick up some chicks!”
Man: “I know how to please a woman.”
Woman: “Then please leave me alone.”
Man: “I want to give myself to you.”
Woman: “Sorry, I don’t accept cheap gifts.”
Man: “If I could see you naked, I’d die happy:
Woman: “Yeah, but if I saw you naked, I’d probably die laughing”.
Man: “Your body is like a temple.”
Woman: “Sorry, there are no services today.”
Man: “I’d go through anything for you.”
Woman: “Good! Let’s start with your bank account.”
Man: “I would go to the end of the world for you.
Woman: “Yes, but would you stay there?
Marketing Gone Bad
It’s always good to check into the meaning of your slogans and brands before you start selling in foreign countries, as these companies learned a bit too late…
1. The Dairy Association’s huge success with the campaign “Got Milk?” prompted them to expand advertising to Mexico. It was soon brought to their attention the Spanish translation read “Are you lactating?”
2. Coors put its slogan, “Turn it loose,” into Spanish, where it was read as “Suffer from diarrhea”.
3. Scandinavian vacuum manufacturer Electrolux used the following in an American campaign: “Nothing sucks like an Electrolux”.
4. Clairol introduced the “Mist Stick”, a curling iron, into German only to find out that “mist” is slang for manure. Not too many people had use for the “manure stick”.
5. When Gerber started selling baby food in Africa, they used the same packaging as in the US, with the smiling baby on the label. Later they learned that in Africa, companies routinely put pictures on the label of what’s inside, since many people can’t read.
6. Colgate introduced a toothpaste in France called Cue, the name of a notorious porno magazine.
7. An American T-shirt maker in Miami printed shirts for the Spanish market which promoted the Pope’s visit. Instead of “I saw the Pope” (el Papa), the shirts read “I saw the potato” (la papa).
10. Frank Perdue’s chicken slogan, “It takes a strong man to make a tender chicken” was translated into Spanish as “It takes an aroused man to make a chicken affectionate”.
11. When Parker Pen marketed a ball-point pen in Mexico, its ads were supposed to have read, “It won’t leak in your pocket and embarrass you”. Instead, the company thought that the word “embarazar” (to impregnate) meant to embarrass, so the ad read: “It won’t leak in your pocket and make you pregnant”.
• The toilet is blocked and we cannot bathe the children until it is cleared.
• I want some repairs done to my stove as it has backfired and burnt my knob off.
• This is to let you know that there is a smell coming from the man next door.
• The toilet seat is cracked: where do I stand?
• I am writing on behalf of my sink, which is running away from the wall.
• I request your permission to remove my drawers in the kitchen.
• Our lavatory seat is broken in half and is now in three pieces.
• Will you please send someone to mend our cracked sidewalk. Yesterday my wife tripped on it and is now pregnant.
• Our kitchen floor is very damp, we have two children and would like a third, so will you please send someone to do something about it.
• Will you please send a man to look at my water, it is a funny color and not fit to drink.
• Would you please send a man to repair my downspout. I am an old age pensioner and need it straight away.
• Could you please send someone to fix our bath tap. My wife got her toe stuck in it and it is very uncomfortable for us.
• When the workmen were here they put their tools in my wife’s new drawers and made a mess. Please send men with clean tools to finish the job and keep my wife happy.
The Marriage Proposal
Little Johnny and Jenny are only 10 years old, but they just know that they are in love.
One day they decide that they want to get married, so Johnny goes to Jenny’s father to ask him for her hand. Johnny bravely walks up to him and says “Mr. Smith, me and Jenny are in love and I want to ask you for her hand in marriage.”
Thinking that this was the cutest thing, Mr. Smith replies, “Well Johnny, you are only 10. Where will you two live?”
Without even taking a moment to think about it, Johnny replies “In Jenny’s room. It’s bigger than mine and we can both fit there nicely.”
Still thinking this is just adorable, Mr. Smith says with a huge grin, “Okay then how will you live? You’re not old enough to get a job. You’ll need to support Jenny.”
Again, Johnny instantly replies, “Our allowance…Jenny makes 5 bucks a week and I make 10 bucks a week. That’s about 60 bucks a month, and that should do us just fine.”
By this time Mr. Smith is a little shocked that Johnny has put so much thought into this. So, he thinks for a moment trying to come up with something that Johnny won’t have an answer to.
After a second, Mr. Smith says, “Well Johnny, it seems like you have got everything all figured out. I just have one more question for you. What will you do if the two of you should have little ones of your own?”
Johnny just shrugs his shoulders and says “Well, we’ve been lucky so far…”
Lessons In Logic
If your father is a poor man,
it is your fate but,
if your father-in-law is a poor man,
it’s your stupidity.
I was born intelligent -
education ruined me.
Practice makes perfect.
But nobody’s perfect
so why practice?
If it’s true that we are here to help others,
then what exactly are the others here for?
Since light travels faster than sound,
people appear bright until you hear them speak.
How come “abbreviated” is such a long word?
Money is not everything.
There’s MasterCard & Visa.
One should love animals.
They are so tasty.
Behind every successful man, there is a woman
And behind every unsuccessful man, there are two.
Every man should marry.
After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.
The wise never marry.
and when they marry they become otherwise.
Success is a relative term.
It brings so many relatives.
Never put off the work till tomorrow
what you can put off today.
“Your future depends on your dreams”
So go to sleep.
There should be a better way to start a day
Than waking up every morning.
“Hard work never killed anybody”
But why take the risk.
“Work fascinates me”
I can look at it for hours.
God made relatives;
Thank God we can choose our friends.
The more you learn, the more you know,
The more you know, the more you forget
The more you forget, the less you know
So… why learn.
A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk, I have a work station.
what more can I say.
Three Biggest Lies
Biggest Business World Lies:
• The bottom line isn’t everything
• Advertising isn’t an expense, but an investment
• I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t have to kiss ass anymore
Biggest College Student Lies:
• Yes Mom, I get plenty of sleep and am eating right
• No Dad, we don’t drink much at all here, it’s frowned upon
• I want this relationship to last well beyond our college days
Biggest Company (Large) Lies:
• We have an entrepreneurial spirit here
• People are our greatest resource
• We say “let the marketplace decide”
Biggest Company (Small) Lies:
• We have an entrepreneurial spirit here
• The boss is just one of the guys
• Staying small is a conscious decision
Biggest Computer Lab Lies:
• As long as you “SAVE” your input, you’ll never lose any files
• We give you the updates as fast as they come in the door
• The new machines are on order
Biggest Engineering Professor’s Lies:
• Some day this course will come in handy
• These tests are more trouble for me than they are for you
• This is the way they do it in the field
Biggest Executive Lies:
• Money… it’s just a score card
• If it were up to me, there’d be no assigned parking spaces
• You have to twist my arm to get me to go on a business trip
Biggest Hairdresser Lies:
• I’ll be with you in a couple of minutes
• I’ve used it myself for years
• The perm will soften up in a couple of days
Biggest Hardware Lies:
• We always design for testability
• It worked just fine in all our tests
• That would be easier to implement in software
Biggest House Painter Lies:
• We use only the best material and open all cans on the job
• This shouldn’t take more than a week
• You won’t have to worry about moving or covering anything
Biggest Marketing Lies:
• Immediate delivery? No problem!
• We treat every customer as if they were our most important
• We’re going out to lunch to talk business
Biggest On-Line Lies:
• I’m in private consoling a depressed friend
• I’m 5’4″, blonde, blue eyes and guys love my body!
• I’m not like most of the other guys on here
Biggest Software Lies:
• The program’s fully tested and bug-free
• We’re working on the documentation now
• Of course we can modify it easily